We at Combined Media Company Limited trading as WebinarNow respect your privacy and this document outlines our approach to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other relevant data protection legislation.
Why we collect your personal information
To respond to a query
When you contact WEBINARNOW, we need to know your name, email address and query so that we can respond in an appropriate manner. This information allows us to understand your query and respond in a meaningful manner. All queries are dealt with by someone from WEBINARNOW and no third-party is involved. We will never pass on your details or use it for any other purpose than to respond to your query.
To Register for a Webinar
When you register for a webinar we need to collect personal information (typically your Name and Email) so that we can verify your details to send you a link to join the webinar. We might send you reminder information about an upcoming webinar and follow-up information about the webinar.
To Provide Services during a webinar
During the webinar we may collect information that you have submitted in the form of a question, poll results and surveys. This information is only kept for the purposes of facilitating the webinar and is only kept in anonymous format once the webinar has finished for statistical purposes.
Website Information Collected
This document refers to the WebinarNow website and any associated web pages used to manage the registration and delivery of WebinarNow services. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other sites
Types of Information Collected
On the WebinarNow website we retain two types of information from visitors:
- Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, through our ‘Contact Us’ email facility or by completing one of our online forms.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
Purposes for which we hold your information
- Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Cookies: a Cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for Cookies.
Each website can send its own Cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the Cookies it has already sent to you, not the Cookies sent to you by other sites.
Third party cookies are set on behalf of combinedmedia.ie. These partner cookies don’t collect personal data and would not be able to identify you as an individual customer.
On the whole, cookies are used:
- For technical purposes essential to the effective operation of websites.
- To enable combinedmedia.ie to collect anonymous information about the browsing activities of our clients for internal analysis.
- To drive combinedmedia.ie marketing activities. For example, third party cookies may be used to show you relevant advertisements on other websites you visit.
Managing Your Personal Data
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about WEBINARNOW
- To contact you if required in connection with your enquiry or to respond to any communications you might send to us
Any communications submitted online or by email will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those completed by hand in paper form. If any online application forms are included in our website, you will be notified of any additional specific data protection provisions at the time you complete the relevant application form.
WebinarNow and Data Processor
WEBINARNOW will engage certain service providers to perform certain services on its behalf which may involve the Processing of Personal Data, for example third parties that assist with distribution of WEBINARNOW newsletters and emails. To the extent that such Processing is undertaken based on the instructions of WEBINARNOW and gives rise to a Data Controller and Data Processor relationship, WEBINARNOW will ensure that such relationship is governed by a contract which includes the data protection provisions prescribed by Data Protection Law.
Security of information
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect Personal Data from unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, disclosure, acquisition or access. Personal Data are held securely using a range of security measures including restricted access through approvals and passwords.
Non-disclosure to third parties
If personally identifying data about you may be shared with a partner company, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data so that you may opt out of this transfer if you wish.
We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent, or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your consent.
WEBINARNOW may however provide aggregate statistics about its supporters, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors and relevant affiliate partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may also release account information where we believe in good faith that this release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
The accuracy of your information
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate. If you inform us, or we become aware, of any inaccuracies in the information it shall be promptly rectified by us. We do not retain any information about you which is out of date or which is no longer required.
Users 16 years and under
If you are aged 16 or under, you MUST obtain your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
These Data Subject Rights will be exercisable by you subject to limitations as provided for under Data Protection Law. You may make a request to WEBINARNOW to exercise any of the Data Subject Rights by contacting WEBINARNOW on email@example.com
Data Storage and Retention
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information no longer than is necessary to comply with our business and legal obligations. Where we enter into a legal contract with you, we will hold your personal information for a period of seven years from the date of completion of this contract by reference to the statute of limitation for a legal claim under contract.
Your Data Rights
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have several rights under data-protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- Rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- Withdraw your consent where we have relied upon your consent to process your information
- Erase the personal information we hold about you subject to certain exceptions
- If technically feasible, have your personal information transmitted to another data controller in a machine-readable format at your request
- Restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate interests, for profiling and for direct marketing purposes
- Not be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing where that decision produces a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We do not make automated decisions of this nature
- Lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data-protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com. We will take measures to verify your identify which we will do by reference to copies of acceptable identification documentation supplied by you.
We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will contact you and explain why.
Last updated: 19 October 2020